Ahhh… the aroma of fresh turkey roasting in the oven is heavenly… but what’s more pleasing is knowing in my heart that the smiles of my neighbors are genuinely expressed during our 20th…
… “no senior is alone on Thanksgiving Pot Luck!”
Once again, we’re having “a few” neighbors over for the holiday. They each bring “a dish for four” of vegetables, breads, desserts, and drinks, while I “only” roast four fresh turkeys (two on Wednesday, and two on Thanksgiving morning.)
I have been posting about this event for years. Here’s the history:
- 2008: Holy Thanksgiving, Batman!
- 2009: It Will Be a Piece of Pie
- 2010: Thankful
- 2011: What Thanksgiving Means To Me
- 2011: Happy Thanksgiving!
- 2012: Thankfulness and Going Nuts
- 2013: Preparing for the Feastival
- 2014: Preparing for Feastival 16
- 2015: Four Turkeys Walked Into a Bar
- 2016: Scaled-Back Thanksgiving
- 2017: Busy Boots
I have to work a half-day today, but will be off work for the rest of the week. I will be booted in dressy cowboy boots for our big event.
Now… time to get busy! Spouse has already been cleaning up a storm… let’s bring on the family and neighbors for holiday cheer.
I am so grateful to be able to do this.
Life is short: show those you love how you love them.