This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for bootedmanblog.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this WordPress-powered blog. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the blog, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
BHD, a pseudonym for a real person, is the sole owner of the information collected on this blog. He only has access to/collect information that you voluntarily give him via email, posting a comment, or other direct contact from you. He does not sell, rent, or disclose this information to anyone for any reason. He does not share email addresses by copying emails to others or in any other manner.
The typical information collected on this blog includes:
- Name (or pseudonym) and email address in comment forms.
- Comment form cookie which remembers a user’s name or email address.
- Name (or pseudonym) and email addresses submitted by user by using a contact form.
The site owner will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted him. He will not share your information with anyone (third party or otherwise) outside of this blog. He may only use it to contact you, e.g. to reply to an email. He does not sell products via this blog or the site domain host, bootedman.com. This blog or its primary domain (bootedman.com) is not a storefront.
He does not collect email addresses or maintain an email database or list, so he do not send email about anything related to this blog. You cannot “opt in” for an email service, nor can “opt out” since an email service does not exist.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from BHD at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting him via the contact form on this blog.
- You can ask me to remove any comments that you have posted on this blog, as long as you identify your name or pseudonym under which the comments were posted.
- You can ask me to delete any emails that I have from you.
BHD does not collect sensitive information such as credit card numbers or retain any other secure information such as your IP address.
Compliance with California Consumer Privacy Act
This blog is not subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act because it DOES NOT:
- operate a storefront and does not conduct business of any type (retail sales, etc.)
- represent a for-profit company or organization
- retain consumers’ personal information
You can browse this blog without revealing any personally identifiable information. However, a limited amount of data is collected about all visitors to this blog. This information helps the blog owner to understand how people are interacting with this blog and to improve the design and functionality of the blog so that he can offer a better online experience to visitors.
When you visit any of the pages on this blog or its links back to its primary domain (bootedman.com), this blog owner may collect the following information about your visit for statistical purposes:
- IP address
- Top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.)
- The date and time of your visit to the blog
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded during your visit
- The previous site you visited
- If you have visited this site before
- The type of browser, operating system and screen resolution used.
This information is retained for approximately seven days, then is erased as it is replaced by newer data.
This blog uses two third-party platforms (site hosted and managed by organizations other than the domain of this blog) to collect visitor information:
StatCounter is a web analytics service. To track website activity information, a StatCounter analytics cookie may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site. No personal information is stored in the cookie.
You may set your browser to refuse/accept StatCounter analytics cookies by clicking the link here: https://statcounter.com/about/set-refusal-cookie/
This site also uses Askimet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed by Askimet here.