The Real Deal

After my conference ended yesterday afternoon, I met a guy who is visiting DC from California for dinner. This is the best time of year to visit DC, before Spring break. Come mid-March and especially around the beginning of April when the cherry trees are in bloom, all hell breaks loose. It is crowded in all the museums and other tourist venues until the end of August.

My visitor wrote to me after seeing my website. He is a young guy who is interested in leather and had some questions. He said that he has visited a number of websites that some other gay guys have posted, either on their own or on geocities. He remarked that many of these sites had not been updated, sometimes for years. He complimented me that I kept attending to my website. He also talked about how he noticed that most gay men’s websites delve into fantasy and you really can’t tell much about the guy, other than perhaps about his ego. It’s very hard to tell if any of the content on some gay guy’s websites is truthful. I have noticed that, too.

My visiting dinner companion paid me the biggest compliment: “when I saw your website and read all the content on it about your passions and interests, I could tell that you are ‘the real deal,’ and I wanted to write to you.” That he did. We exchanged some messages, then met for a nice, relaxing dinner at a restaurant with outdoor tables. It was such a pleasant evening.

I really enjoyed having dinner with J, and discussing a lot of things. I hope he has a good time being a tourist in DC. I appreciate his review and comments about me and my website. It’s true: WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). And due to the very nice weather yesterday, I was able to ride my Harley to show him that side of me too: boots, leather, and the bike. Couldn’t have been a nicer evening.

1 thought on “The Real Deal

  1. That’s why you needed ice! A hot and wonderful person like you is easy to warm up to. Even more than 15000 km away, I can feel the sincerity.

    I hope the meteorological hot spell broke or how did you survive the next day of the toasty oven?

Comments are closed.